Saturday, August 23, 2008

2Cool4School

Morgan started first grade last Wednesday and my little pal and helper is now gone all day long. This is a lot harder for me than Kindergarten since she is gone for so long and it's a little disconcerting turning my child over to the school system all day, every day, even though I love Edith Bowen, the school on USU campus she is at. I picked her and a couple of other kids up from school the first day and asked if this little blond kid, walking down the sidewalk with his dad, Dylan, was in her class and Erica said how cute he was and Morgan matter-of-factly said he loved her. I asked her what she was talking about and she said all day he kept telling her, "Morgan, you're so cute, I love your hair, I love you"! I was slightly alarmed forgetting crushes start that early (other than her crush on Troy Bolton- you know High School Musical), and apparently he tells her these things every day at school! She is a knew person after the first week, she comes home so happy, loves school and her teacher, and seems so much more mature- if that's even possible because she's 6 going on 16!



Morgan and Kaitlyn the first day

Morgan and Kaitlyn on the big Aggie on Campus

With her new Hello Kitty lunch bag

Erica, Morgan, and Kaitlyn proud little Aggies!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cutie patutie! She sounds like she is way too cool for school! How old is she again? She is darling, just like her mother. Good luck with her and rest of her school career!

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! She is adorable! Having them gone all day is a good & bad thing all together. I am really missing Sydnee by the time she gets home!

smithfamilymoments said...

Amy Morgan looks so grown up in the picture of her with her lunch bag. She looks so cute! You gotta love that side pony's are coming back in style. Hope she loves school. Liv is really liking hers, and starting to feel really comfortable now. Thank goodness.