Jeff left on a work trip to Iraq for a week, then I was to meet him in Italy. The day I was leaving for the airport, we took the following pictures. It was Indy's 10th birthday. She collapsed again when I was about to load her in the car and I knew she would leave us that day. In tears, I eventually coaxed her into the car and we made it to Salt Lake to meet my sister and parents who were going to take care of her. When my parents got her to their house, she bounded out of the car, up the stairs, said hello to Madison and her canine cousins, Tink and Cali. Within a minute she was gone. It was rough news to be told at the airport boarding a plane to a dream vacation. I was the last to board the flight because I was bawling my eyes out on the airport bathroom floor.
We absolutely love that dog as one of our children and are so grateful to have had her in our lives for 10 years of love, protection, companionship and adventures!



No comments:
Post a Comment